|About Kroytech > Personal Background > Personal Resume|
Pompano Beach, FL
Phone: (954) 946-8539
Owner, Gen. Mgr. and Consultant
KroyTech Computer Services / KroyTech LLC, Pompano Beach, FL, 1/99 to Present
- Set up new company
- Set up accounting system: Set up, customized and currently utilize accounting, invoicing, and online banking using QuickBooks 2002 (now 2008 Premier).
- Customer service and support: Currently providing software and hardware service, support and consulting for home and business customers
- Computer service and repair: Software installation and upgrades; hardware diagnosis, repair, and upgrades; Windows and application troubleshooting, repair, and optimization; phone support
- Internet / TCP/IP setup and support
- Customer training
- Website development and promotion: Basic website design, development, promotion, and search engine positioning services for small businesses.
Programmer and Consultant, 6/97 – 12/98
Credi-Care, Inc., Chicago, IL
- Remote programming and applications support (RPG)
Data Processing / Information Systems Manager, 9/79 – 12/96
Credi-Care, Inc., Chicago, IL
- IS department management: Responsibilities included all aspects of information systems and department oversight including personnel, operations, equipment and software selection and procurement. Worked with executive management, department managers, and end users on planning and implementing new projects and solutions.
- Purchasing: Vendor contract negotiations, selection and purchasing in all areas of information and computing technology.
- Systems analysis
- Project management
- Applications development and maintenance
- End user support and training
- Network system management and administration
- Network and workstation installation and maintenance
- Documented entire computer operation: Documented and put online the entire computer operation and all department procedures. This included flow charts, program documentation, detailed file layouts and procedural instructions for all computer and department operations.
- Developed Data Processing / IS Department and New IT systems. This made possible the company’s growth from 3 employees, 2000 clients and creditors and $204,000 in annual revenues to 150 employees, 25,000 clients and creditors and $18MM in annual revenues between 1975 and 1996.
- Initiated the company's decision to rewrite its legacy business system. The company needed a complete replacement of its twenty five year old program to enable it to vastly improve its business and sales operation, to provide efficient, quality customer service, and to resolve the Y2K problem.
- Initiated development of GUI based business system for the Windows 9x/NT environment using CASE (Computer Aided Software Engineering) and application generator tools. The project was originally not considered feasible with our current staff and resources. Utilizing good up-front planning and our development tools, the company was able to complete the rewrite in Visual FoxPro with a small staff in less than the two year estimated time frame, and in time for Y2K.
- Some solutions (of many) implemented:
- Rewrote existing systems to be much more user friendly, easy to learn, nearly foolproof, and virtually free of operation and data errors.
- Set up a Data Processing/IS department: Set up and organized the department and computer operation. Hired and trained department staff, including assistants, supervisors, and programmers for double shift production.
- Created a Data Entry department with operators and supervisor. Created user friendly, high volume data entry system and payment processing and balancing system using double pass verification for input to batch runs.
- Upgraded company’s information systems: Converted and upgraded the original single minicomputer operation to newer technologies and platforms to keep up with company demand and growth.
- Set up a 45 workstation Novell network and migrated business systems and applications. Began preparations to upgrade to Netware 4.11 and 100 workstations in 1996. (I left at this time to move to Florida.)
- Created a contract forecasting and projection system. This system replaced a lengthy manual procedure by quickly simulating a client's entire financial picture for the length of his contract and determining his total monthly payment and fees.
- Developed PBX call management and reporting systems: Designed and set up real-time PBX activity screens and reports. These enabled executive management and department managers to manage call traffic and to monitor call activity from their offices or from any workstation. This enabled the company to gauge and improve productivity of its telemarketing operation and customer service, and to reduce expenses significantly.
- Developed check processing system: Designed and implemented high volume postcard-check processing system. This automated and significantly sped up daily bank procedures and greatly reduced bank expenses.
Reason for leaving: Moved to Florida
Computer Operator, 4/75 – 1/78
Credi-Care, Inc., Chicago, IL
- Minicomputer operations and supervision, data entry, data entry operator supervision, report generation and distribution
Reason for leaving: To attend Moody Bible Institute (1/78 - 6/79)
Bookkeeper, 4/74 – 3/75
Teller, 1/74 – 4/74
Jefferson National Bank, Miami, FL
- Performed all bank teller duties, bookkeeping, teller support, filing and clerical, reorganized bookkeeping dept. records and procedures
Reason for leaving: Moved to Chicago
Assistant Manager, 1/73 to 1/74
Li’l General Food Stores, Miami, FL
- Functioned as assistant manager for several stores: cashier, balance register sales, store clerk supervision, inventory, stocking, purchasing, bank deposits, survived one armed robbery. (He got only $60 out of $300J! Received company citation.).
Reason for leaving: Needed regular daytime hours to attend college
DOS, Netware, Windows - All desktop versions
Network: Netware, Arcserve 5.0, Symantec Q&A (network side), Lattice RPG
Client: MS Office, MS Exchange, pcAnywhere 2.0 - 11.0, QuickBooks Pro & Premier, DHS Total Recall, desktop publishing, scanner/OCR software, diagnostic and other utilities, miscellaneous packages and special applications installed and set up for customers.
PC computers and servers, all aspects of computer and software service, maintenance and repair
High School: Barrington High, Barrington, IL; Miami Killian, Miami, FL
College: Miami Dade; University of Illinois
Technical: IBM: System 3 operations and RPG programming; LAN/Mind: Netware 3.11 System Manager.
|ïBack to Personal Background|